Experience the spiritual heritage of Keelung in a Walking Tour of Keelung’s Temples and hidden gems with us, its special place in Taiwan’s history and culture, immerse yourself in rituals and celebrations unique to Keelung. Beneath its modern surface, the historical port city of Keelung is a city with many well kept secrets.
Here, you’ll visit some of Keelung’s most beautiful temples and learn about the significance of Taiwan’s religious practices. Interact with some of our friendly locals who live in a way very much reminiscent of Keelung’s past and will share with you the peaceful vibe of Keelung. Take a sip of traditional herb tea and experience the beauty of Taiwan’s culture – its art, architecture and and folk beliefs that are still very much alive today. Along the way, you’ll feel like you’ve gone back in time as you explore hidden alleys harking back to the Qing dynasty and Japanese colonial era.
And if you’re lucky, you may be able to catch traditional Beiguan or Nanguan masters gearing up for their next performance in the temples!
ℹ️ Tour Information
- DATE / TIME: TUESDAY,WEDNESDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY 2:30PM
- LOCATION: Maritime plaza/Chenghuang Temple/bomb shelter/Herb Alley/Fude temple and much more.
- MEETING POINT : PLAZA OF YM Oceanic Culture and Art Museum
- DURATION : 3 HOUR
- FEE : USD 35
- PREPARATION : WALKING SHOES/UMBRELLA/WATER BOTTLE
- LANGUAGE: ENGLISH/SPANISH/MANDARIN